Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Title under construction

What is the point of reading if you cannot quote (read …copy without quotation marks)? What is the point of listening to good music if you can’t tell others about your diverse and unique taste? I lack many talents, in fact I do not own any… including the above two. Often I have written my class essays being ‘inspired’ by other authors but after my exceedingly well read class teacher remarked in a certain essay of mine, ‘portions which have been written by other people are beautiful” I have abandoned my efforts.
One needs to have a certain flair for this art. Take Robi Thakur, for example, he gets inspired by auld Lang syne but dear old poor Pritam, gets sued for doing something similar.
But copying, rather trans-creating is genuinely art. You need to have a grasp over classic lyrics and extremely tasteful books. I really don’t think an extensive reading of Jeeves will ever equip me in this art.
Knowing the right things and letting know that you know the right things at the right time to the right people does wonders to your impression. For example, you have a picture of the good old Ganga in your social network account and you lend it the title ‘dire straits’. I don’t know about others, I feel pretty impressed.


I want pain in my life. No I meant it. The pained people are so creative. They write such lovely impressive poems about pain, bronzed blood and red oceans in their veins. Where do they get this pain? Will listening to bands like dying foetus and carcinogenic love affairs help me get pain? (I thought S for Sonia would be painful enough) (ps: I do not know if such bands exist if they do… I am sorry. I respect your music surely)
Regarding this, what is the difference between a Goth and Emo? How does one become one? (Apart from having straight hair. That bit I understood way back… to be a type you need to have straight hair. Any type. )
It is apparent that I have not lost all tracks of thought. My exam is a few days away. The pain of examinations isn’t even to be a Goth is it? Greek myth you make me slit….

Sorry for this post.

0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com